These light and airy treats can easily be modified to produce a variety of flavors.
- 4 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1- 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups ground almonds (8 oz.)
- Heat oven to 225°F. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment on high speed until foamy. Beating constantly, add sugar, 2 Tbs at a time, until whites are glossy and stand in stiff peaks.
- Fold in almonds. Drop meringue by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Bake in 225°F oven until firm, about 1 hour. Turn off oven. Let dry in oven, with door closed, until cool and crisp, at least 1 hour.
Copyright © 2011 Aisle7. All rights reserved. http://www.Aisle7.net
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2011.